The factory was established in 1889 under the name Plant Motte, Meillassoux and Caulliez. The complex, in brick and stone architecture, which can be seen neo-Gothic elements, was designed by Edward Lilpop reportedly known in Lodz and Warsaw architect of many buildings, mainly banks. Near the plant was the first in the stadium, as well - that does not exist today - cycling track. In 1926, "Motty" changed its name to Union Textile. After the war, the factory was called Czestochowa Woollen Industry Plant and then Elanex.